Risk manager and developer working in London
- Databases: MySQL, key-value stores, MongoDB.
- Development: Git, SVN, Eclipse, Emacs, Vim, Sublime.
- Good knowledge of core language APIs and data structures: dictionaries, lists, queues etc.
- Good understanding of OO design, basic patterns and coding best-practices.
- Decent experience in Linux, bash and *nix admin. Run my own VPS (linode) which hosts my webapps and associated servers: httpd, Tomcat, MySQL, Subversion.
- Stackoverflow profile here.
Photo album generator 
- Developed a platfom in python and LaTeX to generate printable photo albums in Blurb-compliant .pdf format. Write-up here.
- Built a static image gallery in python for displaying albums on the web. Front-end is a single page application built on the reactive Vue.js templating framework. Details and download here.
Twinance - Twitter bot and website 
A personal project to allow me to follow finance news posted on Twitter at work. Responsive design that displays nicely on mobile:
- Developed a multi-threaded Twitter bot in java for fetching tweets and linked pages.
- Built a very fast, lightweight proprietary java templating library that supports nestable components.
- Developed propriery algorithm for identifying article text in a page based on location, word count, link density and simple heuristics.
- Backend: MySQL, Tomcat, Httpd on Ubuntu. Front-end: jQuery. Full tech stack here.
Colegal - Recruiter site 
A bespoke website and admin backend for a specialist paralegal recruitment firm. Built on Tapestry5 and MySQL.
Batonwicks - Mountaineering publisher site 
A bespoke website for a leading publisher of Mountaineering books. Built on Tapestry5 and MySQL. Company since sold.
Work history - Entrepreneurship
Co-Founder, SU3 Analytics Ltd [2008 - 2011]
Co-founded a small start-up specialising in crawling and mining structured data from UK company websites:
- Developed a crawler and algorithms to programmatically extract addresses, emails, phone numbers, staff details, keywords, "about" info and product data including prices, images and descriptions from over 1 million UK company websites.
- Java platform that used a neural network (Encog), Bayesian classifiers and a proprietory tree-clustering algorithm to identify and group data.
- Raised seed investment from a large UK corporate and worked closely with their senior management on developing the product.
Work history - Banking
Flow and Structured Rates Risk Manager, Deutsche Bank Global Markets [2014 - Current]
- Market risk oversight of the European Rates Business which includes bonds, swaps, structured products and funding.
- Built a .csv utils library in VBA for reading, writing and querying .csv files in Excel. The query function wraps the ADO/JET database engine enabling MS SQL queries to be run against any .csv file.
- Built various bond utilities in VBA including a pricer.
Securitisation Derivatives Risk Manager, Barclays Capital [2011 - 2014]
- Market and credit risk oversight of a multi-asset class business.
Interest Rate Derivatives Trader, Lehman Brothers [2003 - 2008]
- EUR and GBP swaptions and bond options trader. Balance sheet ~€1bn.
- Developed an automated "short gamma" trading strategy in 2y and 10y German bond futures options. Generated €100k/week.
High Energy Physics PhD, Imperial College/CERN
Physics Bsc, Imperial College
Awarded 1st class